The TG-6 was recently released in June 2019. Here are some significant improvents that are relevant for underwater photographers:
- Olympus added an option for minimum shutter speed when using flash. That’s excellent because even with the lack of manual mode, you can make sure the shutter speed is very fast to darken the background.
- Microscope focus can now be achieved in aperture priority, so you can take advantage of a smaller aperture with microscope mode and get a larger depth of field and darker background.
- The LCD screen is significantly sharper, with 1,040k-dots as opposed to the previous 460K-dots LCD.
- 3 Underwater WB Modes have been added – Shallow (down to 3m), Mid-range (3-15m) and Deep (+15m).
- Improved image quality with the addition of an anti-reflective layer on the glass that protects the sensor.