Canon’s 2nd addition to its Power Shot line is the G5X Mark II. The original Canon G5X was released almost 4 years ago and hasn’t been very popular for underwater photography, due to larger size and built in viewfinder, which were harder for manufacturers to support.
Canon has made a bold decision to revamp the G5X entirely.
The new G5X Mark II is a sleek, shaved down version of the G5X, resembling more the G7x Mark III, but with some great features included.
Major highlights of the Canon G5X Mark II include:
- Smaller body than G5X, no hot shoe and pop-up EVF instead of fixed viewfinder
- 4K 30fps / Full HD 120fps video
- New Digic 8 processor
- Redesigned 24-120mm F1.8 – F2.8 lens
- Electronic shutter capable of speeds up to 1/25600s
- CR3 Raw format
- 30fps RAW burst, 20fps continuous shooting
We suspect this camera is going to be a huge hit among divers and we’re looking forward to hear more from housing manufacturers.
Visit his personal portfolio at www.ranmorphoto.com.