We are often asked about the comparison of these 2 high end 2018 cameras for underwater photography in the market. LX10 vs RX100 V is a tough call. Here are some of the major differences between the two:
- Sensor – The same size 1″ sensor on both cameras.
- Zoom –Roughly the same zoom range 24-70mm (72mm on the LX10)
- Size and weight– Just about the same
- Housings available – For the RX100 V there is a Fantasea housing available which is the best polycarbonate housing in the market.
- Aperture – The LX10 has a larger aperture of f/1.4 instead of f/1.8 with the Sony and this give it incredible low light capabilities.
- Battery Life – The LX10 has claimed 10-15% more battery life than the Sony.
- Minimum focusing distance – 3cm on the LX10 vs 5cm on the RX100 V.
To be honest, these 2 cameras are pretty much identical.
Housing options for the Sony RX100 V: https://www.housingcamera.com/popular-cameras-for-uw/point-and-shoot-housings/sony-rx100-v
Housing options for the Panasonic LX10: https://www.housingcamera.com/popular-cameras-for-uw/point-and-shoot-housings/panasonic-lx10
- Olympus announces the OM-D E-M5 III – Housings will soon follow – October 18, 2019
- Canon Releases the 90D DSLR – August 30, 2019
- Sony Releases the a6100 and a6600 Mirrorless Cameras – August 30, 2019