Sony breaks the barriers and releases the first ever 35mm Full Frame camera with a mindblowing 61MP sensor! The new Alpha 7R IV (a7R IV) is Sony’s recent addition to the leading full frame mirrorless series in the market.
With all the new players entering the full frame mirrorless race (Nikon Z, Canon EOS R, Panasonic Lumix S), Sony is determined to maintain its status as the industry leader. This recent release of the A7R IV is basically Sony telling the others brands – “Nice try, but mine is bigger”. And boy does it deliver!
The Sony a7R IV boasts some incredible features such as:
- 35mm full-frame, back-illuminated, 61MP, CMOS image sensor, claimed by Sony to produce maximum image quality.
- 15 stops of dynamic range, which produce silky smooth gradations between colors, highlights and shadows.
- 10fps with full AF tracking, lasting for 7 seconds. With that resolution, this is a MONSTER.
- APS-C Cropped feature, delivering an image of 26.2MP. This feature is very useful for increasing your focal range or getting more in-camera magnification when shooting macro.
- 4K video capability (S-Log 2/3, HLG, HDR / S&Q), Super 35mm mode: full pixel readout without pixel binning.
- Real-time Eye AF for Still / Move / Human / Animal and Real-time tracking.
- Expandable ISO: 50 – 102,400 ISO
The body also got several ergonomic and button layout upgrades, which unfortunately means it’ll likely require a brand new underwater housing design and won’t fit in previous housings.
We know you can’t wait to take this 61MP beast underwater and create some large prints and videos that will blow your friends’ and followers’ minds! We’ll keep you posted as soon as underwater housings for the Sony a7R IV are released.
Visit his personal portfolio at www.ranmorphoto.com.
Latest posts by Ran Mor (see all)
- Best Strobe for Underwater – The Ultimate Strobe Guide – January 21, 2020
- Native Lenses vs. Wet Lenses for Underwater Photography – January 18, 2020
- Best Underwater Housing for Sony A7R IV – January 16, 2020