Panasonic have really outdone themselves with this camera. The LX100 is a direct successor of the LX7, but can easily be described as a mini GH4, sharing many of its wonderful features, the major one being a Micro 4/3 sensor and 4K video! All that in a camera that can only be described as compact.
The LX100 includes many excellent features such as:
- 16.8MP 4/3″ Multi-Aspect MOS Sensor
- Leica DC Vario-Summilux f/1.7-2.8 Lens
- 24-75mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 2,764k-Dot EVF
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot Rear LCD Screen
- 4K Ultra HD Video at 30/24 fps in MP4
- Full HD Video at 60fps in MP4 or AVCHD
- Manual Control Rings and Dials
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- External Flash Included
For underwater photography, the highlight of this camera is 4K video in such a small package. Video enthusiasts will be thrilled to take this camera underwater and create some amazing footage while keeping their rig compact and travel friendly.
For still shooters this camera is fantastic as well, with superb image quality due to the Micro 4/3 sensor and a big variety of manual controls which will be a challenge for housing manufacturers, but a big plus for the end user.
Some key features for still shots make use of Panasonic’s Venus Engine and Depth from Defocus technology, which give this small camera its “super powers”. Continuous mode allows 11 frames per second (focus and exposure locked), or 6.5 fps with varying AF/AE. If the electronic shutter is used (allowing shutter speed of 1/16,000 second!), its possible to reach an unbelievable 40 frames per second!
The camera should start shipping out soon, and we will keep you updated once a housing is released so make sure you are subscribed to our newsletter to receive updates.
Housings would be available here.
Visit his personal portfolio at www.ranmorphoto.com.
Latest posts by Ran Mor (see all)
- Best Strobe for Underwater – The Ultimate Strobe Guide – January 21, 2020
- Native Lenses vs. Wet Lenses for Underwater Photography – January 18, 2020
- Best Underwater Housing for Sony A7R IV – January 16, 2020