Olympus are extremely popular among underwater photographers. That’s mainly because they are the only camera brand that keeps us underwater photographer in mind when designing their cameras. Olympus offers dedicated underwater housings, great underwater white balance and their Tough series which is waterproof even without a case. The E-M5 series has been widely used underwater (check out our reviews for the Mark I and Mark II) so we’re very excited to try out the new Olympus E-M5 Mark III!
The Olympus E-M5 III is a micro 4/3’s camera, compatible with all the excellent micro 4/3 lens line-up released by Olympus and Panasonic. As opposed to the larger E-M1 series, the E-M5 III is much smaller in size, but comparable in most features to the E-M1 II flagship camera.
As usual, Ikelite are the first to release an underwater housing for the E-M5 Mark III. Their affordable and compact housing supports all controls of the camera, allowing you to use it to its full potential. Whether shooting video or stills, controls are right at your fingertips and easy to adjust underwater and above.
Main highlights of the Ikelite E-M5 III housing include:
- Made and tested in the USA, rated down to 200 ft (60m).
- Made of corrosion-proof ABS-Polycarbonate material.
- Full support to all relevant lenses with the DLM (Dry Lock) port system.
- Transparent back side to make sure your camera is safe and o-ring is in place.
- There is a clear label on all the controls.
- When using grips, the shutter release lever can be extended for easier reach.
- If you use back focus, you can also extend the AE-L/AF-L button thumb lever.
- When installing the camera, you can tilt the LCD inside the housing for better view of the screen.
- Vacuum port available for add-on vacuum system.
- TTL ready for add-on TTL converter.
Recommended accessories include:
IK-47012 – Vacuum Kit for 1/2″ Accessory Port – Required to activate the vacuum pre-dive system on the housing
IK-9523.64 – Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles – Mount strobes, lights and other accessories
IK-4077.93 – Shutter Trigger Extension – Can be used for both shutter release lever and AE-L/AF-L lever
IK-46032 – DL3 DS Link Panasonic / Olympus TTL Converter Ikelite PT1 Hotshoe Kit – Required for TTL exposure with Ikelite strobes
The Ikelite underwater housing for the Olympus E-M5 III is available here.