Exciting news from Italy! Nimar, who’s affordable polycarbonate underwater DSLR housings and surf housings have become increasingly popular in past few years, have release a completely new line of higher end PRO underwater housings, made of Acetal Resin (AKA Delrin).
The new housings support all key controls on the housings. They are rated deeper, to 328ft / 100m and allow plenty of accessories to be added, such as vacuum system, M14 / M16 bulkheads for sync cords and HDMI etc.
A leak detector is included with every housing that alerts you by blinking and beeping at any sign of moisture / droplets building up inside the housing.
Nimar equipped all housings with a tripod mount on the bottom, and standard 1″ ball mounts on top for any type of ball & joint arms, strobes, video lights, action cams etc.
The housing comes with integrated aluminum grips, which place the crucial controls right at your fingertips.
All controls are clearly labeled and the luminescent buttons ensure that the controls are easily identifiable even at night.
A new line-up of ports, extensions and zoom gears was designed to accommodate various lenses in the Pro housings. Nimar designed the mounting ring to be removable, so that you can accommodate ports and extensions from various other brands, such as Nauticam, Aquatica, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Seacam, Subal and Nimar 3D. The housing ships with the Nauticam N120 as default and that is the mount used on the new port system.
The Nimar PRO housings are available now for $1750 USD (body only, ports sold separate).
Full specifications below:
- Product Hand Made in Italy
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
- Depth Rating: 328′(100m)
- Construction Material: Acetal Resin and Aluminum Alloy
- Mechanical Controls
- Complete Access to All Key Camera Controls
- The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards
- Interchangeable Lens Port System w/removable mount ring compatible with N120 Nauticam mount (upon request: Aquatica, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Seacam, Subal, NiMAR ring mount)
- M14 Sync Cable Bulkhead
- Ergonomic Design with Alum. Handles Brackets and 1″(25mm) ball mounts for connecting optional lighting arms
- Port Lock System prevents an attached port from loosening while in use
- Lens Release Button: Easy changeout of lenses without removing camera from housing
- Viewfinder: Enhanced 180° and 45° viewfinders Optional
- M14 Vacuum Port
- Moisture Alarm
- Snap Locking Latches
- M16 HDMI Bulkhead Port
- Luminescent Buttons
- M14 Port for TTL Trigger / 2nd Sync Cable Bulkhead
- Tripod Mounting Points
Pro Housings to be released soon:
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D750
- Nikon D800 / D800E
- Nikon D810
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Visit his personal portfolio at www.ranmorphoto.com.
Latest posts by Ran Mor (see all)
- Canon G5X Mark II Released – July 10, 2019
- Canon Releases the G7X Mark III – July 10, 2019
- Featured Underwater Photographer – Richard Barnden – June 12, 2019