Aquatica have announced the release of their new high-end aluminum underwater housing for Sony’s most popular mirrorless – the A6300.
The Sony A6300 has raised the bar for mirrorless cameras, featuring 4K video, 425 phase-detection AF points which make it one of the fastest mirrorless cameras ever released, incredible low light capabilities and more impressive specs.
Naturally, the camera soon became highly popular among underwater photographers, taking advantage of its small size and incredible image quality, urging most manufacturers to produce innovative housings to properly support this excellent system underwater.
Aquatica’s new A6300 is machined on a state of the art 5 axis CNC machine from a solid block of 6061 T6 aluminum alloy. All Aquatica housings are fully anodized and their unique finish guarantee long lasting performance under the toughest conditions.
Key features of this housing include:
- The unique Aquatica Digital Power Saddle, which allows you to install an optional battery pack, which connects to the camera’s micro-usb port and triples your battery life, allowing you to shoot longer, over several dives, without breaking the seal of the housing or waiting for the camera to charge.
- Adjustable hand grips are included with the bundle, providing extra stability and mounting options for strobes and lights, as well as a Nylon hand strap for slimming down the rig, useful for freediving and snorkeling.
- Controls are right at your fingertips, including an ultra sensitive shutter lever, oversized red colored Record button for video, and a rear dial conveniently located within reach of your right thumb.
- Aquatica supports a wide array of lenses including the unbeatable Zeiss Touit 12mm 2.8 rectilinear wide angle lens as well as the ultra-sharp Zeiss Touit 50mm 2.8 macro lens. Support is also offered for the Sony 90mm 2.8 macro (with MF), the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye Canon mount with Metabones adapter, the Sony 10-18 and 16-50 “kit” zoom lenses and the Sony 16mm and 18-55mm lenses.
The Aquatica A6300 will be available late September / Early October, 2016 and will retail for $1650 USD.
With the purchase of the A6300 housing, add one TLC #77514 DELTA 3 ARM and get a second one free. Contact us for details.
Official Port Chart – UPDATED March 14th 2017
Full Press Release
Press Release: Montreal August 24, 2016
Introducing The AQUATICA A6300 Underwater Housing
For The SONY Alpha a6300 Compact Camera
The Aquatica A6300 is a housing designed to be small, compact and easily handled just like the camera that it is designed for. With 24 MP stills and 4K video capabilities coming in at a retail cost of $1000 dollars, the SONY Alpha a6300 is a great camera for the beginner and professional Underwater Photographer alike.
THE SONY a6300:
- Advanced Auto Focus (4D FOCUS)
- Fastest Auto Focus for an interchangeable lens digital camera.
- 425 focus points, the largest number focus points for a Mirrorless camera
- Electronic Viewfinder
- 4 m-dot XGA (1024 x 768) OLED
- 120 FPS refresh rate
- 4K VideoFirst APS-C mirrorless camera capable of 4K video capture
- Built from a Magnesium alloy and includes dust and moisture resistance
This camera is a powerhouse of technology. That being said, it requires a lot of energy to power. Aquatica has carefully looked at all the strengths and challenges of housing a compact camera and used this opportunity to create some options only available with the Aquatica A6300 housing:
The Aquatica Digital Power Saddle incorporates an optional rechargeable battery pack that plugs into the camera’s micro usb port and attaches magnetically to the camera’s mounting plate. This option can be purchased with the housing or purchased later as an add-on. Purchasing the Power Saddle will allow both still and video shooters to have the equivalent of two extra batteries in their housing, allowing the extra power they need to fuel their creative visions.
Interchangeable View Finders:
Aquatica Digital is proud to announce the support of our Aqua View Finders. The A6300 will come standard with our Aquatica eyepiece and the housing allows the user to switch between our Aqua View 45 and our Aqua View 180 Finders without having to change the LCD window of the housing. Upgrading to these Finders gives the user a 1.2 magnified view of the electronic viewfinder, allowing for improved underwater viewing. These finders are among the best finders available on the market.
Adjustable Hand Grip Support:
Aquatica is world famous for having the most comfortable hand grips on the market and we are excited to announce that these grips have been adapted for the A6300’s smaller size. We have been able to include these grips as part of the A6300 package in the form of highly modular tray to mount either strobes or video lights to the top of the grips. The tray it self can be moved left and right for added comfort. Furthermore, the tray brackets can be independently adjusted to a forward, mid and back position while the grip brackets can be adjusted to an inward, centered and outward position from the housing, thus allowing for you to have industry’s most ergonomic control access available. Additionally; an adjustable Aquatica nylon hand strap is included at no extra cost allowing for the avid freediver, or available light shooter to streamline their profile by removing the handles.
The A6300 can be used with or without grips. The right side of the housing has been designed so that you can comfortably hold and operate the housing with your right hand with the shutter button positioned to naturally rest under your index finger.
Additionally, at the rear of the housing, we have provided access to many of the camera’s functions. The controls can be easily reached by simply moving your thumb, thus allowing you to never have to remove your hand from the shutter lever. Primarily among these controls is the record button which has been given a large red oversized button for ease of use. For those that prefer a steady hold on the housing, the Aquatica grips and shutter extended trigger are available, allowing for a more traditional hold of the housing underwater.
We have ergonomically placed the control dial at the rear of the housing so that it gives you quick and easy access to shutter speeds, aperture, white balance and the ISO of the camera.
At the core of the design is the shell, machined on a state of the art 5 axis CNC machine from a solid block of 6061 T6 aluminum alloy. The shell is then anodized and painted with a black polyester powder coating. This type of finish is capable of handling the toughest conditions a professional photographer can throw at it.
We are immensely proud of how often our clients at rental dealerships praise our trademark crinkle powder coat finish being as “tough as nails”. What is often noted is that housings that only have an anodized finish do not stand up to the abuse rental housings are exposed to, therefore making Aquatica housings the ideal choice.
Our control shafts and push buttons are made from the finest grade of stainless steel available rather than plastic or less expensive metals. This ensures the most reliable performance on the market.
The housing shell has two entry points for connecting strobes plus two others for adapting various accessories. The housing is sealed with our signature rotary closure made popular on our Amphibico cinema housings.
There is also a large 16mm diameter access point on the left hand side which is ideal for connecting a video monitor. Located on the left hand side is a standard 1/2” diameter access point for the optional Surveyor vacuum valve to ensure a water tight seal prior to your dive, thus giving the shooter watertight piece of mind.
Every underwater shooter’s needs are different, as such we offer a full complement of flash triggering options to suit those needs. Whether you use basic fiber optic connections or the hard wired flash connections with which to fire your strobes independently, we have you covered with our impressive line up of available flash connectors.
The Aquatica Digital A6300 will have three options for flash connection:
- #34000-OPT our fiber optic version will feature our industry standard L-type fiber optic cable connectors
- #34000-NK our Nikonos type connector with universal hot shoe
- #34000-IKE our Ikelite type connector with universal hot shoe
With the purchase of the A6300 housing, add one TLC #77514 DELTA 3 ARM and get a second one free
We felt that a camera like the Sony a6300 needs to support the best lenses for the best optical results possible. We have created a full line of extension rings and adapters for both our mirrorless ports as well as our standard port line up.
Our support will cover the unbeatable Zeiss Touit 12mm 2.8 rectilinear wide angle lens as well as the ultra-sharp Zeiss Touit 50mm 2.8 macro lens. This is followed by the stellar Sony 90mm 2.8 macro with manual focus support, and of course the industry’s favorite Tokina 10-17mm fisheye Canon mount with Metabones adapter. Last but not least we support the Sony 10-18 and 16-50 “kit” zoom lenses and by popular demand both the Sony 16mm and 18-55mm lenses.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminium Housing
- Crinkle Powder Coating
- Best Grips in the Industry (Left and Right)
- Two Fiberoptic Ports
- Extended Trigger adapter
- Extra main sealing O-Ring
- Extra Port O-Ring
- Aquatica Standard Eye Piece
- Choice of Strobe Connectors
- Built in Leak Sensor
- Aquatica Nylon Hand Strap
- Adjustible Tray (left and right)
- 2 Adjustible Tray Brackets
- 2 Ajustible Grip Brackets
- 2 Zinc Anodes
RETAIL PRICE STARTING AT $ 1650.00 USD
FINAL PRODUCT MAY VARY
Available Late September/ October 2016
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call 514-737-9481