Sony just announced another addition to their mirrorless lineup, let’s welcome the new Sony A6400!
The A6400 claims to be the fastest autofocus from the previous Sony’s Alpha series, which is 0.02 seconds. This is combined with the 425 phase-detection AF that can cover 84% of the frame and contrast-detection AF to easily follow the movement of your subject when capturing.
This features 24.2MP with an enhanced image processing engine or known as the Exmor CMOS sensor. This also supports a high-resolution 4K recording.
Burst shots are not a problem with the A6400. Why? because it can take shots up to 11fps with after-view or 8fps for live-view. With that said, minimal lag can be observed. Silent shooting is available with AF/AE tracking or even with the AF-C mode up to 8fps.
With the newly AI-based subject recognition, you can easily detect even a rapidly moving subject. This is also the first time from the Alpha series to have a Real-time Eye AF or real-time tracking which can expand your shooting options.
A6400 Specifications and Features:
- 0.02 sec AF with 425 phase-detection points
- 24.2MP AP-C Exmor CMOS sensor
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- 4K high-resolution
- 180-degree tiltable LCD touchscreen
- ISO: 102,400
- Image Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.31, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Video Format: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant
February 2019 is the release date of the Sony A6400 for the price of $900. Stay tuned for updates about new underwater housing releases!