The first and foremost is that the TG-6 is waterproof. This means double protection, means great beach photography, excellent for snorkeling and just a fun family camera. The Sony RX100 VI has a long zoom range, it’s an incredible topside camera for your day trips and everyday use.
But let’s put these aside and talk about which camera will get you better underwater photos:
- No manual mode – The TG-6 does not have a manual mode. Such a model is quite important when shooting with a strobe and getting the best shot.
- Macro capabilities – The TG-6 focuses very very close, you can shoot amazing macro shots with it without a diopter, not other compact allows that.
- Image Quality – The RX100 VI has amazing image quality with its 1″ sensor. Even that it does not focus close, you can crop the image and get a better result than the TG-6.
- Video capabilities – The RX100 VI has very good video capabilities, you can actually shoot almost professional videos with it.
Bottom line, the RX100 VI is a far better camera but the TG-6 has many advantages over it and for the price, it would make an excellent choice.
Underwater housing options for the RX100 VI: https://www.housingcamera.com/popular-cameras-for-uw/point-and-shoot-housings/sony-rx100-vi
Underwater housing options for the Olympus TG-6: https://www.housingcamera.com/popular-cameras-for-uw/point-and-shoot-housings/olympus-tg-6
Latest posts by Tal Mor (see all)
- Olympus announces the OM-D E-M5 III – Housings will soon follow – October 18, 2019
- Canon Releases the 90D DSLR – August 30, 2019
- Sony Releases the a6100 and a6600 Mirrorless Cameras – August 30, 2019