They keep getting better and better! The most recent addition to the Sony RX100 family is the Mark 5, which effectively enables Sony to remain the market leaders on compact cameras, with the best compact camera to date!
The main highlights of the Mark 5 compared to the Mark 4 are:
- “World’s Fastest Hybrid AF System, incorporating both phase and contrast detection (It’s really impressive, trust me!)
- New AF-A mode, which locks on a subject and helps you track it while maintaining focus (works great! Especially for sharks…)
- Longer 1000FPS shooting, larger RAW buffer, faster burst speed.
I used the excellent Fantasea Line housing – FRX100IV, which works with the Sony RX100 Mark 5 as well as the Mark 4 and Mark 3.
I alternated between the Nauticam WWL-1 wide angle lens and the new Fantasea – AOI UWL-09. Both were excellent and worked very well with RX100 V.
I couldn’t have picked a better place to test the RX100 V and the Fantasea housing. I went diving with it during our Fantasea workshop at Gardens of the Queen, Cuba, aboard the magnificent Avalon II vessel. As long as you’re testing out new gear, you might as well test it on dozens of Silky and Caribbean Reef Sharks!
Full review on the Sony RX100 V Underwater coming soon!
Visit his personal portfolio at www.ranmorphoto.com.
Latest posts by Ran Mor (see all)
- Setting the Inon S-2000 with Your Camera – June 23, 2017
- Nimar Underwater Housing for Nikon D500 Complete Review – June 18, 2017
- Breaking news: Nikon Releases 3 New Lenses! – May 31, 2017