We get many customers asking about the difference between these 2 strobes, here they are:
- The YS-01 has a built in modeling light (focus light), the YS-03 does not.
- The YS-01 has a manual mode in which you can control the strobe level by using a knob on the strobe, the YS-03 only works in TTL (Auto Exposure) mode.
- The TTL circuitry on the YS-03 has been improved and thus it is compatible with more cameras and more accurate.
- The YS-03 is sold as a bundle for $319 along with a tray, arm and fiber optic cable which are practically included free of charge. The Ys-01 is sold by itself (head only) for $429.95.
Click to buy the YS-01 package
Click to buy the YS-03 package
Latest posts by Tal Mor (see all)
- Inon Z-330 Strobe – Best news of the day – November 24, 2017
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2017 Underwater Photography Deals – November 21, 2017
- Review: Canon G9X Underwater with Fantasea FG9X Housing – May 30, 2016