The new housing is based upon the super successful Fantasea compact line, including the recent FG7XII, FRX100 IV and the popular FG16 which preceded them. Fantasea maintained the same general design and controls, but integrated a unique port system to support various lenses.
Several highlights of the FA6500 include a built in moisture detector, dual o-rings and an M16 valve to support various accessories, including a vacuum system, HDMI monitor and electrical strobe triggering via sync cord.
Every element of the housing has been thought through to the fullest, in order to provide the best user experience and maximum comfort while shooting underwater.
Fantasea’s engineers managed to support both the a6500 and a6300 in a single housing! This is great for a6300 users who are thinking of upgrading in the future.
May 2017 UPDATE : Read our Complete Underwater Review of the FA6500 Housing
Fantasea introduces the stylish and rugged FA6500 Housing for the Sony a6500 and a6300 mirrorless cameras. The housing is expected in April 2017.
The Fantasea FA6500 Housing was designed and manufactured specifically for the Sony a6500 and a6300 cameras and allows ergonomic design with access to all essential camera functions. It offers the highest and most professional standards of function, style and durability.
Sony considers the a6500 as their flagship APS-C mirrorless system and many underwater photo pro’s consider it the best value-for-money mirrorless camera in the market today!
Retail price of the FA6500 Housing in the USA is expected to be as low as $980.
FA6500 System Highlights
- Full access to all essential camera buttons & functions with clearly marked controls
- Depth rated to 60 meters / 200 feet
- Shock resistant construction
- Ergonomic design
- Double O-ring protection for a perfect watertight seal
- Moisture Detector and Alarm, Hand Strap and Body Cap included at no additional cost!
- Interchangeable lens port and lens gear system is available
- Double fiber optic cable port
- M16 port for a variety of connections, including HDMI, vacuum valve or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads
- Shutter release extension available for easy access when using housing tray and handles
- Additional optional housing accessories are available
- Manufacturer’s warranty
Visit his personal portfolio at www.ranmorphoto.com.
Latest posts by Ran Mor (see all)
- Choosing Video Lights For Your GoPro – August 30, 2017
- Underwater Compacts: Olympus TG-5 vs Canon G7X II vs Sony RX100 V – August 16, 2017
- Canon Introduces: Rebel SL2 and EOS 6D Mark II – July 1, 2017